Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Other folks' trash is one family's treasure!

It's Saturday morning.  Welcome to the Tableland Regional Council Waste Management Facility.
Uncle Steve is introducing the Titasey family to the delights of the Endeavour Foundation BuyBack.  Ever wondered where children's plastic vehicles end up?
The final resting place of colourful plaster gnomes and other garden statues.
We'd never been to a Recycle Market and I didn't want to miss recording this special event.  
Books and toys galore.
Sutchy won't need to take other people's bags now and Uncle Steve's crook neck will heal with this ergonomic chair.
I have always wondered why Morning Glory grows near rubbish dumps.
Some of our treasures.  Note the bamboo shoe shelf and brand new Gisele Bundchen Ipanema flipflops.  They are made from a low-carbon-footprint material, apparently.  I can't wait to get into some of those books, especially My Brilliant Career.
Before the BuyBack shoe shelf.
After the BuyBack shoe shelf.
A great morning and we can't wait to go back.  I am wondering how I can construct my own brilliant career as a reviewer of pre-loved books!

2 comments:

  1. Not possible. She's out at the second hand shops in Cairns. Do you think a penchant for pre-loved treasure could be genetic or simply a commitment to recycling and saving the planet?

    ReplyDelete