Friday, May 16, 2014

Following like a puppy

On a recent visit to the farm we fell into a bit of an afternoon routine.  Tony took Seffy and Kibby for driving lessons and I went walking with Dad.  
'So Dad, which pedal is it?'
     I love checking out the waterfall in various states of fullness and I am constantly scanning the rainforest for tree kangaroos and the creek for platypus.   
     However I was a bit nervous about walking through the long grass because of the presence of Eastern Brown and Black snakes.
     On the first walk, Dad and I headed down to waterfall and we passed the neighbour's place.  We waved at each other and I recognised their visitor, Dave, a mate of Dad's I'd met a couple of times.  
     Dad rang Dave the next day for advice about a piece of farm equipment or some such.
     'Was that your daughter walking behind you yesterday?' Dave asked.
     'Yeah.  Cath's up with Tony and the kids.'
     'She was following you like a puppy,' said Dave.
     'I don't think so,' said Dad.  'She was letting me go first so I'd tread on any snakes in the long grass.'
     Too right! 


The waterfall.
The Dirran Creek
I lucked out on a tree kangaroo, but smack bang in the middle of the image, next to the bank, is a platypus.  Cross my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment