Friday, September 13, 2013

The pawpaw doesn't fall too far from the tree!

I had no idea Seffy had to give a speech at school, If I was prime minister for a day ... until the night before when she asked me to help her with the timing.
These are all her words and ideas (and her grammar).
How lovely to think she's taking up the gauntlet.  I wonder how old candidates need to be for endorsement in the Torres Shire Council elections.  Then we'd see some good governance on the issue!
It's also lovely that she thanked her audience for listening ... something I am not yet able to offer the council re my letters about dangerous dogs.
PM Speech
Good afternoon year 6.
If I was Prime Minister for a day, I would stop animal cruelty.
There is too much cruelty to dogs and cats on Thursday Island
For example, the Torres Shire Council on Thursday Island does not enforce by laws that tell people they have to look after their dogs and cats.

People are letting dogs wander around and don’t care if they bite people when people are riding or walking or running.

People are not getting vaccinations, flea and tick treatments and not getting them spayed. 

That causes dogs to get covered in ticks and fleas, get sick and have too many puppies that don’t get looked after and they sometimes die.

People are hitting them and kicking them.

Cats aren’t getting fed so they go to the beach to get turtle and dugong guts to eat when hunters slaughter them. 

Any crocodiles that come to get the turtle and dugong guts can eat the cats.

Some cats have even got drowned by the council when they got caught.

If I was Prime Minister, I would make the Torres Shire Council make people look after cats and dogs and do the right thing or make pay them pay lots of money.

Vote for me year 6 and together we will save cats and dogs and stop people and children being bitten by dogs.


Thank you for listening.
Yo! Just goin' for a stroll to check out the bitches!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely fell close good on you Seffy we do need you for Mayor ♥

    ReplyDelete