Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A secret weapon; eggs on toast

Sick of eggs on toast? Have eggs on bread.
I am in the process of convincing Tony not to become a professional prospector because I have no desire to be a single parent.  This week I am a single parent because Tony is working in Weipa. It gets worse; it’s the school holidays and it’s been raining most days bar the last two.  This week has hardened my resolve to convince Tony to stay home and I have a secret weapon – eggs on toast.
     Late last year when Tony was spending time with his mum who was terminally ill and then heading to TK in Townsville to help him through his exams, I stayed here with Seffy and Kibby.  After working with children during the day, I was mentally exhausted and not interested in making anything flash for dinner except eggs on toast which we had most nights .  The kids were not happy.
     So with Tony in Weipa, we’ve been eating a lot of eggs on toast (we have 9 chooks and 2 ducks).
"Or eggs on dahl on toast."
"Or eggs on leftover steamed vegies."
     However, my secret weapon hasn't been as effective as I had intended.  Since it is school holidays and the kids know their friends’ have nicer dinners, they’ve escaped eggs on toast by going for sleepovers.
     Naturally, I have banned sleepovers for the remainder of the holidays.  And, after two days of moderate sunshine, the rain has returned. 

4 comments:

  1. You need bread and duck under the table

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I would love to have my ducks inside. Eggs and feathery love on tap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that grated-heel-callus parmesan (nothing like) cheese on those steamed veggies? Tell me it's not....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course, not. It's gold dust, my dear, that is Home Brand 100% Product of Australia, dehydrated and shaved quality cheese ... which I always use when I run out of Home Brand 100% Product of Australia genuine quality cheddar cheese because the gold dust can be stored in the cupboard, not fridge thereby saving on non-renewable energy!

    ReplyDelete