Thursday, January 23, 2014

Shattered again.

I had a cuppa with Detta the other day and I related the windscreen freight dilemma posted in Shattered.
     ‘I can’t believe it’s so hard to get a windscreen from Ipswich to Cairns,’ I said, concluding my de-briefing.
     ‘Well, how is Sutchy’s driving going?’ asked Detta which I thought was a strange question.
      ‘Sutchy?  Sutchy doesn’t drive.  He’s 15.  You mean TK, yeah, he’s going for his Ps on Monday.’  I thought it bizarre that Detta, of all people, would get the boys mixed up.  She's known them since they were toddlers.
      ‘Cath,’ said Detta, ‘how do you think Sutchy smashed the windscreen?’
     ‘A stone hit it when he was whippersnippering your grass, of course.’
     She laughed.   ‘He backed into the coconut tree.’
     ‘Detta, he doesn’t drive.’  What was she talking about?
     ‘He was driving and backed into the coconut tree,’ she said.  ‘I was upstairs on a lunch break.  There was a crash that rocked the house.  I rushed down and saw it all.’  She gasped.  ‘Oh, I am such a bucket mouth.  Tony didn’t say not to tell you.’
The offending tree, left.  One wonders how two sets of eyes (Sutchy and Tony) could miss it!
Now I know how the dent got there!
     My trust in my husband and second son has been shattered.  And it gets worse. Pam rang not long after Detta left and I had to de-brief.  I told her the real story of the shattered windscreen and she laughed.
     ‘Sutchy was telling me,' she said, 'about backing into the coconut tree and TK and he were laughing.  You’d mentioned a stone so I thought the less I know the better.’
     And I then had to de-brief with Nicola.  I told her about the coconut tree and Pam knowing all along.  She laughed also.  
     ‘Didn’t you know?,' she said in disbelief.  'I thought you did.’
     It transpires that Sutchy and TK had a good old laugh with Henry and Nicola about Sutchy backing into a coconut tree.
     ‘You know the blue trailer out the front,’ said Henry to Sutchy, ‘the one with the tarp.  Stay away from it.’
     Well, I’ve got one thing to say to my husband and two oldest sons.  Youse are a bunch of bastards.  I’ve got access to all your bank accounts and you are paying for deceiving me, big time and that includes you TK for going along with their deceit.  I’ll be following up on getting the window to Cairns and you’ll pay top dollar for air freight if I can manage it.  And you’ll never know I know because you don’t read anything I write.  Bastards. 

8 comments:

  1. I'd ship it Sea and spend the extra in air on some thing nice for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh heavens, I knew about Sutchy backing it into a coconut tree too. One of your mob told me outside IBIS when I asked what had happened. I'd never make a detective - I read your "Smashed" post and didn't put it together. Not as bright as I'd like to think. But then the same goes for your boys. If you're gonna tell a story, you have to tell the same story to everyone. Carry-yarn only gotta carry a smol way here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha gotta laugh especially when THIS time its someone elses kids ...next time it could be any of ours.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're absolutely right. Although it would have been easier for me to take it all in if people had had a chuckle rather than a riotous belly laugh. Bloody boys and their father!

    ReplyDelete