Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers' Day

I simply love it when my kids draw me pictures and make me a cards.  I think of the time and effort they put into cutting out and sticking on shapes, drawing little hearts for the borders and painstakingly penciling in the block and bubble writing (a recent favourite of my youngest two).  
     I was chuffed to receive this card from my daughter ... 
     ... until I realised I had taken my eyes off two balls, both of which were equally confronting; my daughter's appalling grammar and the fact I've developed Tuckshop Lady Arms.  First Son was delighted to advise they are also known as Elephant Ears!

     I felt better when I read Third Son's card.  No more gruesome realities. 
By the way, I only ever smack Third Son and not nearly as often as I should.

1 comment: