Sunday, August 23, 2015

A story told mostly in photos

One Sunday afternoon, I found myself quite unexpectedly and unpreparedly with nothing to do; no lessons to plan (I'd done them), no tax stuff to do (because I simply avoided it), Seffy was glued to a DVD nipple (The Vampire Diaries) and Tony and Kibby were in Cairns (Peninsula Sports).  
     And my mother had just delivered an old bath she'd purchased from the Atherton dump.  
Pepper Zen needed a new bath. For too long she'd been swimming in a small, blue tub.  She was not happy.
The site for the new bath is prepared by my geotechnical engineers and council permissions applied for and approved.  Fortunately there were no objections from members of the public.
The foundation is prepared and the bath is fixed into place.  The experienced site engineer supervises the construction of the new bath.
A few of the highly technical tools of trade!
The client is very pleased with the final inspection and handover.
"I wanna get in.  Now!"

"Well, I'll just come back later."
The hydro-engineer monitors the filling procedure.
"Now I feel like I am being watched."
"It feels so good to have a swim and be clean."



"This is so relaxing."
"This is so, so relaxing."
"I could just nod off."
"That's enough.  You're embarrassing me."
 
This construction complies with National Minimum Standards for poultry safety ...

... is aesthetically pleasing and maintains personal privacy.

4 comments:

  1. Can I suggest a climbing vine around your...erm...'trellis'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise advice that could only come from a fair English rose. I could develop it into a pond in an English country garden. However, it is a trial for a more permanent pond. I am experimenting with gravity and waste. My theory is that Pepper's poo will sink to the bottom and each few days I will let the plug out and the deepest couple of inches, including the yucky stuff, will flow away. Then I top it up. So far, so good, but gee, ducks poo a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a system for 'pulling the plug' to let those few inches out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I am using one of the most reliable methods of waste disposal in the animal husbandry industry - my hand!

    ReplyDelete